logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SSilence86  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:18:41 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

Groups: Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
In the interest of sharing, Lisa & I are starting this thread on potential stand out Colts.

As we all know, these are 2 yr olds. She reads their #'s but it is up to them to run to them.

1st colt:

He is an Ohio bred currently training at Santa Anita. He recorded his first work on Tuesday.
2F in :24.6.

DARK VADER C, 2015 {23-b}
DP = 3-3-8-2-0 (16) DI = 1.67 CD = 0.44

thanks 1 user thanked SSilence86 for this useful post.
Lisa111 on 6/29/2017(UTC)
Sysonby  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 4:52:32 PM(UTC)
Sysonby

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I'm wondering if Lisa could do the numbers on Dak Attack, Serengeti and Runaway Ghost as well, SS. Also Dak Attack's stablemate. (when she has time)

Also, what's Dark Vader's parentage, couldn't find his pedigree on line.

thanks 1 user thanked Sysonby for this useful post.
Lisa111 on 6/29/2017(UTC)
Lisa111  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:46:13 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 235 post(s)
DARK VADER
Tale of Ekati - Dark Obsession (Grand Slam)

C, 2015 {23-b} DP = 3-3-8-2-0 (16) DI = 1.67 CD = 0.44
Conduit Mare Profile = 8-7-2-10-4 Speed = 15 Stamina = 14 Index = 1.25 Triads = 17-19-16

First thing I look at before the numbers is the bottom of the chart... and there he is - Graustark! Son of Ribot and Flower Bowl.
That is the holy Grail. The presence of those 3 through the mares bloodline is a great step towards the possibility of becoming a champion.

At first glance, both the mare index and the chefs index shows dominance in stamina inheritance and optimum classic distance.
But this little guy also inherited a huge amount of sprinters blood to go along with all of that stamina.

From his chefs, all of his numbers, with the exception of one, is coming from his 4th generation. Only Gone West is from his 3rd.
Gone West is an Intermediate (7-9f) and Classic (10-12f) sire. Perfect optimum distance inheritance area for being competitive on the Derby Trail.
He will have a greater leaning towards his mares which works very well for competing on the Derby Trail.

At first glance, his 5 digit profile numbers from the mares appear evenly spread with a wonderful speed/stamina balance which is imperative for
longer distance races. He is not lopsided towards stamina only because his mares have passed to him alot of sprinter blood as well.

I have a very strong feeling that this guy will not "perform" like a normal stamina type horse. His mares evened him out.
Most of the hotshot "stamina type" horse like Gun Runner, Shared Belief, etc had triads that were very low up front in speed
and extremely high in the second and third spots in stamina. Dark Vader is bred more like a Destin type stamina horse.
He was given a ton more sprinters blood through his mares so he will have an easier time in those shorter races because the speed
is undoubtedly there. If his inbred stamina does not water down his speed, he has a wonderful shot at the various distances of the Derby Trail.

On the other hand, many high stamina horses (gained from their chefs) who have an even inheritance from their mares -
and especially when those mares are closer up in generations than his chefs - the mares can take over and dominate.
If this is the case, (and many times it is) then Dark Vader would probably be more of an evenly balanced type horse as opposed to a high stamina horse.
This is probably the case with this guy.
This is not a bad thing because he then has a stronger probability of being able to tackle each consecutive distance fairly evenly.

He will be very fast in his short early races. Most likely he will not be a closer type horse, he'll be more forwardly placed.
He will definitely be carrying more speed in his back pocket than other low index stamina horses that he runs against in any given race.
He may actually like a sloppy track, even though most stamina type horses do not.
His distance capabilities will be sacrificed also because of all that speed coming from the mares.
He will easily compete against high indexed speed horses in his short early races.

It will be interesting to see which road he takes. The clue will be in his style of running in his early races.
If he jumps out of the gate and runs up with the lead horses then he is favoring the mares and his inherited speed.
His stamina inheritance from his chefs then will be compromised. If he runs mid-pack or further back in his early races, then
he is loaded and evenly spread and he won't sacrifice his inherited stamina.
It will show that he isn't favoring just his mares speed, and that he can balance all of his inheritance.
He inherited both sides evenly so we just have to see how it spreads out and if its truly balanced or if he just gravitates
to one of the two sides.

Imagine it something like he is standing in the center with a ton of speed to right of him and a ton of stamina to the left.
He has the option to walk either way or he could just walk straight and take it all. He inherited both sides fairly evenly.
Its gonna be one or the other. Or he could be one of the great ones and take them both.
You will be able to determine this in his first couple of races.
If this is the case, then the sky is the limit with this little guy.
If he is a speed demon early, his stamina is watered down which may keep him average.
I hope to see him reserve his speed early and take the stamina route. If he does, then you just found yourself something special!

Edited by user Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:07:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's what you can't see that matters most." - "Sunny Jim" Fitzsimmons
thanks 2 users thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
SSilence86 on 6/29/2017(UTC), Buckpasser on 6/30/2017(UTC)
Lisa111  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:49:10 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Originally Posted by: Sysonby Go to Quoted Post
I'm wondering if Lisa could do the numbers on Dak Attack, Serengeti and Runaway Ghost as well, SS. Also Dak Attack's stablemate. (when she has time)

Absolutely. Will do this weekend. Four days off in a row and all I am doing is getting my pool open - finally!
Laying, Tanning, Gambling and Horses - ALL WEEKEND LONG!!!!

I will look into these guys and also Mintz and post over the weekend..
SSilence86  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:28:53 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

Originally Posted by: Sysonby Go to Quoted Post

All colts that are posted will be added (if they aren't already) to Pedigreequery.com so you can view their pedigrees.
You may also check them out on Equibase.com

DAK ATTACK (USA) b. C, 2015 {4-m}
DP = 2-5-7-0-0 (14) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.64
Ghostzapper x Indian Spell (Indian Charlie)

SERENGETI (USA) b. C, 2015 {7}
DP = 4-6-6-0-0 (16) DI = 4.33 CD = 0.88
Algorithms x Cinq Etoiles (Five Star Day)

RUNAWAY GHOST (USA) b. C, 2015 {23-b}
DP = 4-6-10-0-0 (20) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.70
Ghostzapper x Rose's Desert (Desert God)

FREE DROP BILLY (USA) ch. C, 2015 {4-m}
DP = 4-4-17-1-0 (26) DI = 1.74 CD = 0.42
Union Rags x Trensa (Giants Causeway)

Edited by user Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:16:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SSilence86  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:18:09 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

ECLIPSED MOON (USA) b. C, 2015
DP = 6-8-12-0-0 (26) DI = 3.33 CD = 0.77
Malibu Moon x Beautician (Dehere)

Edited by user Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:19:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sysonby  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:38:12 PM(UTC)
Sysonby

Thx for the quick response guys. I have to say, these numbers are interesting. I like all of these horses, but I have a feeling about Free Drop Billy, which with 2.00 would get me a cup of coffee, lol.
thanks 1 user thanked Sysonby for this useful post.
Buckpasser on 6/30/2017(UTC)
SSilence86  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 10:57:12 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

TEN CITY (USA) dkb/br. C, 2015 {12-c}
DP = 6-4-10-0-0 (20) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.80
Run Away and Hide x Maiden America (Rock Hard Ten)

Edited by user Friday, June 30, 2017 10:57:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SSilence86  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 12:07:04 AM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

COPPER BULLET (USA) b. C, 2015 {1-k}
More Than Ready x Allegory (Unbridleds Song)

He may not have won the Bashord, but I like how he didn't quit either.

Edited by user Saturday, July 01, 2017 12:07:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lisa111  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:13:09 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Easier for me to group all of these guys in a mock Triple Crown scenario to figure out their capabilities and what it will mean when they get there.
I have added a few others to the mix and a couple from a friend of mine, Bill, who is also interested in following 2 year olds. (He likes Tapit colts!)

As it goes year after year, each colt has his own distinct inheritance. It’s what he was given through his bloodlines.
Most will not run to their potential and become allowance horses, some may never break their maiden, and the talented few will secure a gate in the Derby.
Analyzing 2 year olds is strictly about the inheritance attributes and optimum distances that they MAY eventually show only if they feel like showing it.
Many factors affect this. Being geared to the wrong races, training, bad feet, poor travel, etc.

If you place Derby Futures bets or if these guys are running in an upcoming race, these mock fields may help..
But most importantly, it is to see whether or not they are utilizing what they inherited going forward and hopefully,
they are surpassing what they inherited. It only acts as a template to what their great sires and mares passed down to them.

So here’s the field for our FIRST HRF Future 2018 Kentucky Derby.
As the list grows, we will have a few more mock derbies, condensing the field, adding new ones, deleting others. The first is a field of 15.

Let’s hear how you would bet it. Mine is below.

SPEED – Over 3.00

1. Arawak - 7.00
Uncle Mo – Spicy Teddy (Spanish Steps)
DP = 2-4-2-0-0 (8) DI = 7.00 CD = 1.00
Conduit Mare Profile = 7-3-7-6-7 Speed = 10 Stamina = 13 Index = 0.89 Triads = 17-16-20
From today all the way through the Derby Trail, if this guy is entered in a dirt race, he should appear on any superfecta you play.
However, for reasons beyond my comprehension, this speed demon dirt runner was asked to run at Ascot on turf.
His 12th place finish in that race, one that he should not have run in, hopefully did no damage to this promising guy.
Serious speed inheritance from the chefs (7.00 index) and the mares (high 17 first triad #),
coupled with a serious punch of stamina from his mares (very high last triad #), might just make him a serious contender.
He romped in his maiden at Belmont on dirt, winning easily by 7 lengths. This race was originally scheduled for turf but moved to dirt.
His connections lucked out there. You’d think that his performance might have been a clue that this guy should stay on dirt.
If the Ascot race on turf didn’t take the wind out of Arawak’s sails, watch out. That 7.00 index is quite deceiving.
He has some clear stamina to go along with all of that speed and this is the type of guy that could be the shining star come Derby time.
Must watch his progress to see if he is still on target like he was before.
Unfortunately he has not worked since June 5th. So we may have our answer already.

2. Morning Breez – 5.86
DP = 11-6-7-0-0 (24) DI = 5.86 CD = 1.17
Conduit Mare Profile = 10-4-3-8-7 Speed = 14 Stamina = 15 Index = 1.08 Triads = 17-15-18
More short early sprinting speed inheritance here than Arawak. Again, going forward from today, a definite for any superfecta up to 8.5f.
His mare profile leans him further to speed which will probably simply take over going forward.
If he likes to run, he looks like he will do better in shorter distances and this would be one to bet heavily first few.
He is limited in distance from his inheritance. If he wins at 9f, then he is surpassing his distance capabilities and
that 18 in his last triad spot is not getting watered down. Money maker early. Questionable later.

3. Serengeti – 4.33
Algorithms – Cinq Etoiles (Five Star Day)
DP = 4-6-6-0-0 (16) DI = 4.33 CD = 0.88
Conduit Mare Profile = 8-4-1-8-5 Speed = 12 Stamina = 13 Index = 1.11 Triads = 13-13-14
His profile is nowhere near the configuration of his Dad’s, so any comparison to the great Algorithms is mute.
Algorithms is his sire - and that would be the extent of it.
Its his bloodlines that will determine this one's speed/stamina balance, not his father's record.
I would compare his configurations to an American Pharoah type BUT this must be kept in check.
Pharoah surpassed his numbers. BIG TIME. Even Pharoah’s mare triads are similar to Serengeti’s, and these triads did not set the world on fire.
Pharoah was a freak and to hope for another one here is by your choice only.
Serengeti did inherit a double amount of inherited Chefs “input” in his chart which helps his cause a great deal.
Inherited great early speed, appears limited in distance, as did the great Pharoah –
Triads bad for the Derby, as was the case for Pharoah –
Looks like an 8.5 to 9f colt – just like Pharoah. You make the call this time. My call on Pharoah was wrong!
For me, I go against lightning striking twice.

4. Tough Times – 3.67
Tapit – Afleeting Lady (Afleet Alex)
DP = 6-12-11-1-0 (30) DI = 3.62 CD = 0.77
Conduit Mare Profile = 10-3-1-8-8 Speed = 13 Stamina = 16 Index = 0.96 Triads = 14-12-17
I would group both this guy and his half-brother just below here, Times Square, as basically the same.
It will be interesting to see which one, or if both, decide to go on and become stars.
They both have the exact same chef’s numbers across the board – the mares make them slightly different.
I don’t see either doing what Creator or Tapwrit accomplished in winning the Belmont Stakes though.
These two gained much more speed through the chefs on the bottom of their charts
which makes their chefs index rise a great deal. Into Speed territory, not stamina territory.
These profiles are better suited at Churchill as opposed to Belmont.
Tough Times does pick up some extra stamina through his mares as indicated by the configuration of his triads.
This could translate to better success in his later races. Watch his speed in his early races to see if he wants more distance.
He gained more speed blood as well from his mares over Times Square,
making him a bit more loaded than his half-brother on both ends of the speed/stamina spectrum.
For the 10f Derby though, unless he punches through with some serious wins along the trail, his triads are a little shaky.

5. Times Square – 3.62
Tapit – Magical Feeling (Empire Maker)
DP = 6-12-11-1-0 (30) DI = 3.62 CD = 0.77
Conduit Mare Profile = 7-7-1-6-7 Speed = 14 Stamina = 13 Index = 1.05 Triads = 15-14-14
See Tough Times above. Unlike his half Brother above, Times Square is more evenly balanced from the inheritance for his mares.
He has dominant speed from his chefs and a more spread out inheritance from his mares.
Through the female end, he does not lean heavily on either side whereas Tough Times leans stamina.
Good betting prospect early and as the races go further along in distance, check to see his reaction to 2 turns.

6. Eclipsed Moon - 3.33
Malibu Moon – Beautician (Dehere)
DP = 6-8-12-0-0 (26) DI = 3.33 CD = 0.77
Conduit Mare Profile = 8-2-2-5-11 Speed = 10 Stamina = 16 Index = 0.69 Triads = 12-9-18
I have a very odd feeling about this set up. I think this guy may show some nice early speed and might connect on his first few races.
The way his mares profile shakes out though, looks like any stamina he may have inherited
is going to get watered down to the point where he looks promising but then it takes a turn as he goes further.
Even though his last triad number is very good for stamina – that 12 and 9 on the front end may keep him below par as things start to get serious
and definitely below par if he makes a gate in Kentucky. Bet this one early on, but then hold off if he faces competition. His numbers are rocky.

2.10 to 3.00 GROUP

7. Copper Bullet – 3.00
More Than Ready – Allegory (Unbridleds Song)
Conduit Mare Profile = 5-5-4-5-12 Speed = 10 Stamina = 17 Index = 0.58 Triads = 14-14-21
Oh, yes! Yes! Yes! If this boy wants to run, let’s hope they point him straight in the direction of Belmont Park come next June.
Look at that 12 in the Professional slot (5th #) in his profile.
Look at the configuration of the triads. Even-Even-High.
Look at that 10 in the Classic slot of Chefs Profile. He’s winning his short early races.
He is showing his speed is not compromised with his mare inheritance. Complete stand out.
He has it. He would be one that I would say has everything he needs to topple this group along the trail,
including the speedsters up there. Win the Derby and he has a great shot at becoming a Triple Crown Champion. Belmont Boy.

8. Ten City – 3.00
Run Away and Hide – Maiden America (Rock Hard Ten)
Conduit Mare Profile = 5-7-1-11-5 Speed = 12 Stamina = 16 Index = 0.82 Triads = 13-19-17
Check out Copper Bullets entire Chefs Profile, Index and CD and match it to Ten City and we have a perfect match. Exactly the same.
Copper Bullet has more stamina from his mares, although so close with the profile but so different with the CD.
Copper Bullet has much more inherited endurance. Ten City should then show more speed.
This is a plus for the Derby, not a plus for the Belmont.
He has a lot to offer, and should make a great name for himself. Very nice between these 2.

9. Runaway Ghost - 3.00
Ghostzapper - Rose's Desert (Desert God)
DP = 4-6-10-0-0 (20) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.70
Conduit Mare Profile = 5-8-3-11-4 Speed = 13 Stamina = 15 Index = 0.95 Triads = 16-22-18
This mock Derby is definitely filled with much better profiles than the actual 2017 Derby produced!
There are alot of 3.00 colts here and what will separate the winners from the losers in this category
are the mares. Their input will be the deciding factor because each gained exactly 3x speed over stamina from their chefs.
So the configurations coming from the mares will dictate either an inheritance of even more speed -
imperative for short early wins or stamina - imperative for endurance. This guy is showing terrific triads and an influx of speed
in his intermediate category - 7f 8f-9f. Derby Trail territory. He then shows dominance in the Classic category from his chefs
and dominate Solid inheritance (13f,14f,15f) from his mares. So all of his numbers are in place for the road ahead.
He received exactly what he needs to get there, combined 9-14-13-11-4. Overloaded in the center 3 slots which should allow him
to breeze through each distance evenly and without any disruption to his normal running capability. It will be the same throughout.
This is a very good thing on one hand, but on the other hand, if he is up against a colt in the gate who is overloaded at say
the Intermediate distance and they are running an 8f distance, the other horse will have the advantage in this case while
Ghost is still running his even race. It may appear that Ghost is not doing well when this happens, but it should be of no worry.
Because come next race, the other guy falls to the wayside and this guy continues to run evenly straight through to 10f and beyond.
His mare inheritance, those triad numbers will keep him above par straight through to the Derby.

10. Dak Attack – 3.00
Ghostzapper – Indian Spell (Indian Charlie)
DP = 2-5-7-0-0 (14) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.64
Conduit Mare Profile = 7-5-5-12-3 Speed = 12 Stamina = 15 Index = 1.04 Triads = 17-22-20
Wow! Look at those mare’s numbers. This guy has the numbers to hit the board in Kentucky. 10f no problem.
He did not inherit a great deal of sprinters blood from his chefs, but a few of his mares bloodlines do carry some.
He will shine going further and definitely around 2 turns. If he gravitates to his mares he should be fine along the trail.
He may not post very high speed numbers along the way but they will get better and better with each distance jump.
Since he is below average with his speed inheritance, I would say to hold off on betting him strongly until he gets a gate past 8f.
He has a will to win but he will not have the speed of some of those young early sprinters who might show him up.
His time comes later only if his mares take over. His triads are spectacular.

11. Reride – 2.50
Candy Ride – Remit (Tapit)
DP = 2-5-6-1-0 (14) DI = 2.50 CD = 0.57
Conduit Mare Profile = 5-4-4-7-8 Speed = 9 Stamina = 15 Index = 0.67 Triads = 13-15-19
Here’s a little 2.50 index colt who showed wonderful speed in a short 4.5f race at Churchill to win his maiden by 6 1/2.
That’s not a bad showing for an “average” guy who inherited a TON of stamina from his mares.
Candy Ride is sure producing some nice horses. The plus also with Tapit being his mares sire.
There is a lot here. Incredible list of champions in this chart for such an “average” profile.
This one has every reason to stomp on that index and take it all the way.
With low numbers filling both profiles, other characters come into play, so this guy has the potential to spread as far as he wants to go.
Its early to definitively tell, but winning a 4.5f race with his configurations is certainly a great start.

STAMINA – 2.00 and Under

12. Illudere - 2.00
Ghostzapper - Ansong (Mizzen Mast)
DP = 2-5-10-1-0 (18) DI = 2.00 CD = 0.44
Conduit Mare Profile = 9-3-6-9-4 Speed = 12 Stamina = 13 Index = 1.17 Triads = 18-18-19
Out of this field, Copper Bullet and this guy right here I the ones I would say YES! Yes! Yes! as far as
fantastic configurations and serious charts. This one is exceptional as far as being perfectly balanced between his Chefs and his mares,
and perfectly aligned across the board to stand out in the crowd. His chart is so nice. His stamina inheritance goes beyond any in
this mock field. His speed inheritance (higher index than norm) from the mares ensure ease at short distances and then he has
that nice low CD from his Chefs. This profile is one of the best and most promising of the group and truly is a great find.
If he is interested in racing and if he is a healthy horse, this guy should be one of the best betting opportunities across
the board this year. He has the ingredients to be highly successful at each distance, with the rare number configurations
afforded him from his mares. He is not lacking in his triads or lopsided in stamina. He is loaded on both sides.
With Sunday Silence adding this guy to the field, I now need to edit my my virtual ticket. He is very promising. Excellent.

13. Free Drop Billy – 1.74
Union Rags – Trensa (Giant’s Causeway)
DP = 4-4-17-1-0 (26) DI = 1.74 CD = 0.42
Conduit Mare Profile = 9-5-2-10-5 Speed = 14 Stamina = 15 Index = 1.14 Triads = 16-17-17
Very promising numbers. Stamina horse from his chefs, but not outrageous, high speed numbers from his mares, but not out of control.
Even across the board. Should be ok going short and should be just fine going longer.
Nicely balance colt with very strong potential to be something on the trail.
For the Derby, he would not be my pick to win out of this group. He would be a definite though underneath.
What I really like here is that 9 in his brilliant slot with the mares.
This ensures he can compete along with the speedsters and his low index from his chefs gives credence to the fact that
the highest and the lowest dominate along the trail. He is one that has the potential to dominate.
The speed from his mares is the key ingredient for his potential success.

14. Mintz - 1.40
Candy Ride – Multitasker (Bertrando)
DP = 1-1-3-1-0 (6) DI = 1.40 CD = 0.33
Conduit Mare Profile = 2-3-7-7-7 Speed = 5 Stamina = 14 Index = 0.50 Triads = 12-17-21
High hopes for this guy being Shared Belief's 3/4 brother. Just talking numbers and potential just like the other 11.
This boys Grandmother is Common Hope. Therefore, Mintz has a CHEFS profile that is exactly cut in half to Shared Belief's profile.
The bottom of Mintz's chart shifts back one generation.
This means that the numbers from Shared Belief’s 4th generation are not present within Mintz's profile,
but that does not mean those chefs vanish as well. They are still there front and center.
With the mares side, being shifted back one generation, Mintz actually ends up gaining a few extra points
in his speed slot number in the triads. So basically, Mintz has the potential and the blood in him to mimic the Champ.
The numbers are there. It just depends on the heart and determination of Mintz.
That is a tall order and very huge shoes to fill, and I won’t get my hopes up for that to happen.
But I will go along for the ride.

15. Dark Vader - 1.67
Tale of Ekati - Dark Obsession (Grand Slam)
DP = 3-3-8-2-0 (16) DI = 1.67 CD = 0.44
Conduit Mare Profile = 8-7-2-10-4 Speed = 15 Stamina = 14 Index = 1.25 Triads = 17-19-16
A new "stamina" addition to the field, along with Illudere, forces comparisons between the two.
They fall fairly close, especially with the mare inheritance, however Dark Vader gains a bit of a push in
short early speed from his mares, but Illudere counteracts that with a slightly higher index from his mares.
Its pretty even as far as numbers, however, the cast of characters within Illudere's chart elevates his
potential (IMHO). These two could be rivals in so far as basic number configurations being tied together.
When the serious racing begins, match these 2 record for record to determine which is using his inheritance
and which one may be falling short. They are so close but the test will be the sires and mares themselves who
contributed those numbers. If this guy displays his speed early, he is well on his way to running to his numbers.
With all of that stamina, he goes the distance. Will have to see if he utilizes the 8 and 7 in his mares speed numbers
within the profile itself in his early races. That will be the main glimpse into whether or not his is running to BOTH sides of his inheritance.

So, that was the first HRF Mini Kentucky Derby field of 2 year olds.

My virtual ticket –
Copper Bullet and Illudere boxed for the win.
Tough Times, Ten City and Mintz underneath.
Reride - Longshot

Edited by user Sunday, July 02, 2017 9:52:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
SSilence86 on 7/1/2017(UTC), Buckpasser on 7/3/2017(UTC)
SSilence86  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:30:52 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

Thanks Lisa! Of course I do have a few more to add.
I encourage others to add in as well!!

About Eclipsed Moon- I suspected possible sprinter when adding him on here. That's what I think of when I see Dehere.

Copper Bullet impressed me when he showed no quit in the Bashord. I liked his performance better then Ten City's to be honest.

Where would you put Dark Vader withe the mini group above?

Edited by user Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:38:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked SSilence86 for this useful post.
Lisa111 on 7/1/2017(UTC)
Lisa111  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:52:04 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Oh shoot! I forgot Dark Vader.

Ok, since you know how superstitious I am, give me one more entry because if I add Dark Vader to this field, then Mintz will be the 13th entry.
I can't do that!! LOL.

I'm serious!

I will add Dark Vader and you have to give me one more.
SSilence86  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 8:38:59 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

^^ Runaway Ghost wasn't in your mini gate.

Here's another though-

ILLUDERE C, 2015 {3-i}
DP = 2-5-10-1-0 (18) DI = 2.00 CD = 0.44
Ghostzapper - Ansong (Mizzen Mast)
Sysonby  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:09:44 AM(UTC)
Sysonby

Runaway Ghost is the one I was thinking about, he had that long stretch duel with Serengeti in his maiden win, neither of them would give up. I thought that was a really good sign and the way Serengeti won his next out is very flattering to this one. Thanks for the ones you've done, Lisa, very interesting analysis, good to put in the mix.
Lisa111  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 9:55:56 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

Now we have a field of 15 for the first group.
I added Dark Vader, Runaway Ghost and Illudere.

SS, I had to change my virtual winning ticket after you added Illudere! WOW!

So, when another 10-12 are compiled I will add another field.

Honestly, this field of profiles puts the actual 2017 Kentucky Derby to shame!
There are only a couple here with shaky numbers, the rest have so much potential.
If half of this field runs to their numbers we are in for a wonderful 2018.
There are some really excellent betting horses here, just hope that they have the heart
to run to those numbers and not settle for being average allowance horses. That would a shame.

Edited by user Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:02:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SSilence86  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:42:54 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

Lisa, I've seen photos of Illudere.
He is a specimen!

I've had him in my stable since January.
He was noted as "scary good".

Oh, and Mintz & Illudere are both owned by Centennial Farms.

Edited by user Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:58:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lisa111  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:40:36 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Originally Posted by: SSilence86 Go to Quoted Post
Lisa, I've seen photos of Illudere.
He is a specimen!

I've had him in my stable since January.
He was noted as "scary good".

Oh, and Mintz & Illudere are both owned by Centennial Farms.

It would be easily understandable why they would note him as "scary good."

Between his chart and the way his numbers lay out from both his mares and his sires,
he should be able to run backwards and still win at every distance. He looks like he will
be amazing if he lives up to everything he has.
He has to be the best out of those first 15 so far.
SSilence86  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:45:57 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

EMERGENT (USA) ch. C, 2015 {9-f}
DP = 5-9-10-0-0 (24) DI = 3.80 CD = 0.79
Orb - Holdontoyourdream (Proud Citizen)

UNION RANKS (USA) b. C, 2015 {7}
DP = 4-6-7-1-0 (18) DI = 3.00 CD = 0.72
Union Rags - Life Lesson (Unbridleds Song)
Lisa111  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 8:45:31 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

Got it Sunday Silence.

On a side note, since you sent that picture of Illudere - can't stop looking at him.
He is so spectacular and just looking him I can't believe he is only two years old.
Just magnificent all the way around. He has the looks, the build, the chart and the numbers.

A total package if ever there was one.

What a promising group of colts. Havent been this excited for a new crop of 2 year olds since 2013.
thanks 1 user thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
SSilence86 on 7/3/2017(UTC)
SSilence86  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 1:23:25 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

Originally Posted by: Lisa111 Go to Quoted Post
Got it Sunday Silence.

On a side note, since you sent that picture of Illudere - can't stop looking at him.
He is so spectacular and just looking him I can't believe he is only two years old.
Just magnificent all the way around. He has the looks, the build, the chart and the numbers.

A total package if ever there was one.

What a promising group of colts. Havent been this excited for a new crop of 2 year olds since 2013.

I felt the exact same way the first time I saw his photo. A long with the note "scary good". I been following him closely.
He was the first 2 yr old I picked up on. My "bullet" if you will.
I told you he was a specimen!
He is currently in Middleburg and a bit off from posting his first recorded work, but by all accounts flourishing.

Edited by user Monday, July 03, 2017 1:24:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified