logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lisa111  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:07:37 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

Groups: Moderator

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 235 post(s)
He's just the best!! Look at that time!! Jesus! Where oh where does he come up with that speed??!! HANDILY!! I am in awe of this little man.

Shared Belief (4-Year-Old Gelding)

Date: January 28, 2015
Track: GOLDEN GATE FIELDS
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.11:80 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Track

Edited by user Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:35:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's what you can't see that matters most." - "Sunny Jim" Fitzsimmons
thanks 3 users thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
Between Friends on 1/29/2015(UTC), Swale84 on 1/29/2015(UTC), LAZMANNICK on 1/31/2015(UTC)
BigDawg  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:18:59 AM(UTC)
BigDawg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
He's definitely a Beast! All indications are that CC is thriving too... Should be an awesome battle!
thanks 2 users thanked BigDawg for this useful post.
Lisa111 on 1/29/2015(UTC), Swale84 on 1/29/2015(UTC)
Lisa111  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:35:20 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Originally Posted by: BigDawg Go to Quoted Post
He's definitely a Beast! All indications are that CC is thriving too... Should be an awesome battle!

Remember that movie Secretariat with Diane Lane? Remember that scene when they were running the Belmont and they had a shot of the Final Turn and everything went quiet. All of the sudden you see and hear Secretariat flying around that final turn all by himself and then they burst out that Choir music "OH HAPPY DAY!" Well, I'm looking forward to hearing that same Choir music song playing in my head when I see Shared Belief flying around that final turn and smokin that entire field!!

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:40:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
Swale84 on 1/29/2015(UTC), LAZMANNICK on 1/31/2015(UTC)
Lisa111  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

thanks 1 user thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
UnionRagsRules on 1/30/2015(UTC)
UnionRagsRules  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:11:55 PM(UTC)
UnionRagsRules

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lisa111 Go to Quoted Post

I cried watching that.

Undoubtedly the greatest race of all time. There is no comparison.

He was a tremendous machine.
"'What if I fall?' 'Oh, my darling, but what if you fly?'"
Sysonby  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:58:27 PM(UTC)
Sysonby

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I always cry when I watch that, going to go watch the youtube footage of the race now.
thanks 2 users thanked Sysonby for this useful post.
LAZMANNICK on 1/31/2015(UTC), Lisa111 on 1/31/2015(UTC)
LAZMANNICK  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 1:36:23 AM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Sysonby. Haven't seen you posting for awhile. Hope all is well.
AnnaK  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:16:34 AM(UTC)
AnnaK

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 161 post(s)
The other footage that give me chills is his move around the outside in the 1st turn of the Preakness. The way he circled the field to take the lead is as good as it ever gets. And its very nice to see you Sysonby, hope you're staying warm.

Crossed fingers for Shared Belief, my favourite 4yr old. Just something about him.

Edited by user Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:26:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked AnnaK for this useful post.
LAZMANNICK on 1/31/2015(UTC), Lisa111 on 1/31/2015(UTC)
LAZMANNICK  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:19:32 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Shared Belief is my favorite four year-old as well Anna, just a nose in front of Chrome. I'm still disgusted with what happened in the BCC and firmly believe that Mr. Belief will take care of business this year.
thanks 1 user thanked LAZMANNICK for this useful post.
Between Friends on 1/31/2015(UTC)
Lisa111  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:25:44 PM(UTC)
Lisa111

Originally Posted by: AnnaK Go to Quoted Post
The other footage that give me chills is his move around the outside in the 1st turn of the Preakness. The way he circled the field to take the lead is as good as it ever gets. And its very nice to see you Sysonby, hope you're staying warm.

Crossed fingers for Shared Belief, my favourite 4yr old. Just something about him.

Anna and Laz, Shared Belief has become my favorite working horse no matter what age! I still laugh when I see posts at that other website saying things like "He barely beat a 70-1 horse in the Malibu!" Cracks me up! They sorta leave out the fact that he actually beat 8 horses, the entire field, and not just one at 70-1. For some reason, many like to kick dirt in this little guys face after each and every win he has. And those that do have no clue that SB has never run at his optimum distance and most likely on his optimum surface yet. As far as other favorite 4 year olds, I still have real respect for Tapiture and I think Toast of New York is another who has alot more to show us.

BigGrin BigGrin Sysonby, wish you would post more often!!!!!!!!BigGrin BigGrin
LAZMANNICK on 1/31/2015(UTC)
kaitlinfree  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:51:01 PM(UTC)
kaitlinfree

Groups: Special Users
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 700 time(s) in 532 post(s)
i also put Shared Belief above Chrome. also very bitter of BCC.
"it was like the Lord was holding the reigns that day. Secretariat was one of his creatures & maybe he whispered to him "go.""
thanks 1 user thanked kaitlinfree for this useful post.
LAZMANNICK  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 7:27:37 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Lisa do you mean the site where as soon as a two year old wins the Bashford Manor they proclaim it the next Triple Crown winner?
SSilence86  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 8:04:39 PM(UTC)
SSilence86

United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lisa111 Go to Quoted Post
"He barely beat a 70-1 horse in the Malibu!" Cracks me up! They sorta leave out the fact that he actually beat 8 horses, the entire field, and not just one at 70-1.

That 70-1 horse just beat some very very good sprinters. In fact I believe that CTS is just getting better- which in my opinion flatters SB.

Just sayin....
thanks 1 user thanked SSilence86 for this useful post.
cocoa2  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:04:36 AM(UTC)
cocoa2

Man

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 87 post(s)
When they say he almost was beat by a 70-1 horse, they are saying the field was not quality, and if the other so called threats finished behind a 70 - 1 horse, it is likely they were not on the ball or not the quality they were presumed to be. Has nothing to do with disregarding the rest of the field.

As for that backhand to HRN, it's much more fun to get excited at every prospect than dismiss them all.

And finally, I don't think Shared Belief is all that amazing and if he wins the San Antonio, I don't think it will prove much. None of his foes are fully cranked while Hollendorfer has him at least 95%. Chrome is focused on Dubai or the Big Cap while Hoppertunity was a definite no for the race until a day or two ago. It's likely he'll end up just fending off Big Cazanova for the win. No one is kicking dirt in his face, they are being realistic about his ability. This horse was amplified immensely for his undefeated streak (only went out on a limb twice in his undefeated career) and throughout this he still has yet to show any brilliance. Close finishes under hard riding and the whip somehow make his fans think he had tons more to give and was barely trying.

This is not to mention that working 6f in 1:11 4/5 is not exactly unheard of, especially "handily", and even more so considering the lack of detail equibase clockers have.

Edited by user Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:15:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LAZMANNICK  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 4:05:48 AM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

I guess that running a 2:00 10F G1 against older horses, with an effortless final quarter in 24 3/5ths, this while totally dominating the horse that finished second in the BCC to boot, means that Shared Belief isn't much. What a joke. Almost as much as the morons that actually think that the horse's finish in that BCC was indicative of his quality.

It's pretty safe to assume that that 70-1 shot who finished second in the Malibu, was a ridiculous overlay. To think that he wasn't is also a joke. Today he beat a two time BC winner of the Juvenile Sprint and the Sprint, as well as finishing second in the BC Sprint, by actually out duelling him. In the field was the defending winner of this race last year as well as another G1 winner.

As for the backhand. There's such a thing as realistic excitement and sheer stupidity. When I was fifteen I already knew the difference.
thanks 1 user thanked LAZMANNICK for this useful post.
Lisa111 on 2/1/2015(UTC)
Lisa111  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 7:52:52 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

Laz, now its time for some fun!!

Opinions vs facts tend to get a bit amusing to me, especially with regards to Shared Belief. Lets look at this closely.

If I am reading sentences correctly, none of SB's opponents are ever fully cranked, however, Hollendorfer has his charge at 95% at all times. How unfair of his trainer to have his horse ready for competition! In only 9 career races, Shared Belief has beaten 66 of the 69 opponents that he has faced. We are to believe that none of those 66 were actually primed and ready to go for their race. All of their trainers didnt really care about the race they were entering, they just threw their horses in and hoped for the best. Names like Mystery Train, Game on Dude, Fed Biz, Chitu, Indianapolis, Toast of New York, Candy Boy, etc, really mean nothing and they certainly werent ready to compete as much as Shared Belief was.

I know that it is totally unheard of for a longshot to run a great race. When does that ever happen??!! Just because the betting public disregards a horse at the windows doesnt mean he isnt ready to run. Conquest Two step, Chitu, Indianapolis, Frensham and Tamarado all built with tremendous speed and extremely well suited for 7f, were ready to bask in the limelight of beating the Champ Shared Belief. Most of the field was built for speed and at 7f, completely ready for the challenge. The only "peer" that Shared Belief faced in that race was Midnight Hawk. Neither one suited at all for 7f. Well, Hawk comes in dead last, while Shared Belief beats the speedsters. But we should realize that he really wasnt facing much at all in that race. Nothing at all.

In the Pacific Classic, a race that is much closer to Shared Belief's true distance, he smokes that field with enough lightening left to go another 4f. Will we ever see SB run past 10f? I dont know, but this is where you could line up every so called "better horse", "horse of the year", "Breeders Classic winner", "Marathon runner" etc and then you would see that none of them would be near his tail at the finish line. I'd truly love to see that 70-1 shot go against SB in a 10 or 11f race!! The disadvantages of distance are a two way street. Under 10f, Shared Belief is at a major disadvantage. Over 10f, most all horses are at a disadvantage to SB. And unfortunately for Shared Belief and his fans, we may never have the opportunity to witness the damage he would undoubtedly do past 10f.

The big difference that the closed minded do not want to see or understand, is that the idea of a horse like Conquest Two Step or 95% of any of the horses that SB has faced running a 10f+ race and being expected to win is ludicrous, however, SB being expected to win by open lengths in short races is par for the course and immediate ridicule if he isnt winning by 6 lengths or more in a race that he is absolutely not suited for.

He was beaten by 3 horses in his entire career by 3-3/4 lengths at 10f. Not only is 10f still short for this guy, the extra disadvantages he endured should have seen SB running next to Moreno across the finish line, 36-3/4 lengths behind Bayern.

Lastly, one of the best races run in 2014 was the Pacific Classic. This race, at the very least, shows SB performing closer to his preferred distance and closer to his preferred surface. Not given the disadvantage he always faces against opponents who are lucky enough to go against him at THEIR preferred distance and surface. This race showcased Shared Belief's strengths, having the ability to at least run a race that is much closer to his liking. When a horse can run at optimum distance and optimum surface, he hands his opponents a ball and chain at the starting gate and any that can overcome that would be hailed a great horse. Shared Belief has had that ball and chain in most every race he has ever run, but for some idiotic reason, the close minded pay no attention to it. And when he wins 7f races at Santa Anita up against a field with indexes: 3.00 (Indianapolis), 3.57 (Frensham), 3.67 (Conquest Two Step) and 4.00 (Tamarando), the closed minded pay no attention to that ball and chain and scoff at the gritty win by a horse who refuses to let any tail pass his nose, no matter the distance or surface. This is a horse who is 200% stamina, undefeated at every distance. Yes, definitely a horse to insult. No win is ever enough.

Shared Belief, when given the proper distance and the proper surface to run on, is an unbeatable monster. And when entered up against the wall, he is a CHAMPION who overcomes whatever he needs to win, even if its by the skin of his teeth. He is the only one out there among the "great runners of 2014" who has shown the ability to adapt to any distance and post wins time and time again, regardless of the speed he is up against. Oh, and that posted workout, again, understanding how that time correlates to a stamina horse running HANDILY at 6f and how it correlates to a speedster running handily at 6f is two completely different scenarios. Shared Belief is just getting cranked past 6f, with a severe lack of sprinting inheritance, while others who post times like that have an abundance of sprinters blood at that distance. It is still 6f, even if alone on the track. No comparison.

And, I know that many will also bring up the incident with Toast of New York down the stretch, (another common insult thrown at Shared Belief)... Well, here is the best answer to that - Trainer of Toast of New York sums it up:

Edited by user Sunday, February 01, 2015 11:06:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Lisa111 for this useful post.
Between Friends on 2/1/2015(UTC), LAZMANNICK on 2/1/2015(UTC)
Lisa111  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 11:56:02 AM(UTC)
Lisa111

Laz,

I have just one more thing to say!! I never really understood the overt criticism of the horse, downgrading his wins just as soon as he steps into the winners circle to get his picture taken. I read a new low by the young one, downgrading his win even before the race is run!! LOL!!! Making sure to get the excuses in place prior to the actual win is freakin classic!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!
LAZMANNICK on 2/1/2015(UTC)
cocoa2  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 12:06:37 PM(UTC)
cocoa2

Man

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Better sheer stupidity than absolute blindness? Feels as though I'm talking to a religious fanatic...
LAZMANNICK  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 12:32:33 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Sorry, but I never watched Romper Room when growing up.

Religious fanatic? Wow, you must have searched long an hard for that one. If I was a religious man, notice that I said man instead of boy, I think it would be something similar to being a know-it-all fanatic.

I doubt that we have a religious fanatic on here. We do, however, have a young 'un who strives to be a know-it-all fanatic.
UnionRagsRules  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 01, 2015 12:35:52 PM(UTC)
UnionRagsRules

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 99 post(s)
I think Chrome looks pretty good to me right now. Just worked 5f in 1:01.3. Physically, he looks way better than he did after his last break. But, as Lisa said, this is not SB's preferred surface and we know Chrome loves SA and dirt, although turf and synthetic suit him fine as well.

Edited by user Sunday, February 01, 2015 12:36:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"'What if I fall?' 'Oh, my darling, but what if you fly?'"