logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pimlico.ed  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 1:38:55 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Well was going to head out to Laurel with the family but I got snowed in. Fuq Winter.

In the FOY, I expect my favorite Upstart to romp. At any odds he is a beast. This guy is such a beast I like him so much so I'm without question going to roll with him. For underneath, Itsaknockout is a nice horse. Frosted is also good had some excuses behind the stretch from what I heard in his last start. The miler (IMO) Bluegrass Singer might get a piece because of the slow projected pace, IMO.

Davona Dale. Rolling with my girl Puca at 10-1 ML odds. This is a really nice field, pletny of others could do it. I was thinking about a super or something but I did my preliminary betting ideas yesterday night and I couldn't find a way to play around with all my horses. So probably just a straight bet.

Fair Grounds Risen Star..... anyone else thought this was a damn terrible field? For Derby prep standards? There is very little talent here. No strong feelings really. None of these horses are any good. If I had to bet money I'd probably roll with International Star or JS Bach horse. No strong feelings.

In the Rachel again on strong feelings for me.

Thoughts on these races?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." ~John Galsworthy.
LAZMANNICK  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 2:56:00 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 103 post(s)
GP - Sprint Chp. - Weekend Hideaway - City of Weston
GP - Davona Dale - Jacaranda
GP - Canadian Turf - Ring Weekend
GP - FOY - (take a shot at upset) - Itsaknockout

FG - FG Handicap - Highball
FG - Risen Star - Imperia (Big purse but usual lack of respect for some reason. IMO this happens a lot at the FG.)

pimlico.ed  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:27:18 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Man

Good luck my man. We don't agree on much though lol.

Don't mean to disrespect FG. My guy Palace Malice ran there a few years back. Just this field looks very, very weak to me. Seems like some connection can take this route and get their way into the Derby pretty easily.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." ~John Galsworthy.
LAZMANNICK  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:35:11 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

For a Derby prep I would much rather have my horse race at The Fair Grounds with its more honest track than the speed important surface at Gulfstream. Good luck on your picks Ed. I'm not betting today, just breezing through the PP's. I actually had City of Weston with Paco up at 30-1 straight at Parx a couple of years ago. I see where he scored a couple of starts ago at 26-1. With Lopez on a legitimate longshot, you always have to take an extra long look.
cocoa2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:21:19 PM(UTC)
cocoa2

Groups: Special Users
Man

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Throwing money at Hero of Humor... last race was alright and history can repeat
LAZMANNICK  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:28:32 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Upstart was very tough today and when it looked like he wasn't responding before they turned into the stretch, he found some foot and came on. Itsaknockout looked like he was going to pull the upset. When he was alongside Upstart he sort of came in and was steadied. He lost his momentum then but with a straight trip he very well might have pulled off the upset. In a race like this, when you look at the PP's for the horse's next start you would think that he tried by wasn't good enough. When you look at the replay you get an entirely different perspective.
LAZMANNICK  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:30:10 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Cocoa - four minutes to post and Hero of Humor is 90-1.
pimlico.ed  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 8:16:15 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Man

LAZ- he was DQ actually. I'm happy because now maybe some people will underestimate my favorite (Upstart). He is my favorite for the Derby, still, has been since the Holy Bull. Not surprised Itsaknockout was game. Picked him in his maiden and was one of my top choices (posted it on the other thread).

Picks did pretty well, though I didn't bet much. I did bet a little on International Star, as he was my top choice along with JS Bach, who scratched. Really unimpressed by this field and this win. Field came back and he wasn't good closing out really. Still not impressed with this guy, but he made me money, so I'll take it.

Puca failed me. Really disappointed. I posted on the other thread Eskenformoney was her top threat, but I didn't put any money on her. Oh well. Nice run.

pimlico.ed  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 8:21:08 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Man

Wow does anyone read HRN lately?

What the fuq is up Mary's a$$ lately? Dang.

BTW, Laz, I just hope this run didn't affect him too much. Seemed he was pushed pretty hard. Nice call on Itsaknockout, BTW. As I posted on the other thread I really like him. Him and Upstart are class of FL, IMO, but I got Upstart much ahead of him (or any horse in the country).

Hope he gets some time off, some easy works, and just a nice prep in the FL Derby. You don't win the Derby if the horse peaks in March, anyway. The horse is still green to my eyes. Tons of potential.

Still very confident in him, I thought he rean terrific. Still #1 on my list.
LAZMANNICK  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 8:54:32 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Ed......Upstart looked really good considering all the trouble. However, Itsaknockout might be something special too. It looked like he was gong to blow right by before the trouble. I'm not a Pletcher fan anymore (I used to be quite a few years back). I was impressed by this guy though and when looking at his last he tracked a field that went past the 6F in 1:08 4/5 and drew away rather easily. I've been looking for a Derby horse since Calculator went down. This guy is now on my list along with Texas Red. If El Kabier can rate off the pace in the Gotham then he'll stay on my list. I thought he might in his last but he appears to be too head strong. Too bad. he's a gutsy horse.

BTW, I don't post on HRN anymore and very rarely read what's on there. If you do, what's your handle? I still have my Hotmail email. Give me a buzz sometime.
pimlico.ed  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:24:40 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Man

Hey Laz agree with everything. Especially about Calculator!!! He was my favorite until he went down. I like Texas Red, too. He is probably my #2, maybe #3 or #4. He's right up there and I loved his last race. The only thing I don't agree with iis El Kabeir. I actually used to like him as a baby but he has failed to impress me in his recent starts.

I don't have an HRN account (of course according to Mallios and Mary I probably have 12 or 13 of them). I still read there a good bit. And honestly I only read it for Travel_Vic and Mallios' arguments. I find them hilarious. Both are goofballs battling for attention, and still posting there I find it funny. (EDIT: I do post once every couple of months to say hi, or talk about other sports lol).

I did make another email. I'm just bad at checking it which is why I never gave it out. I've been meaning to send you and some others a hello but lost your email addresses. What is it again? BTW, have you been in contact with CFC lately? Getting worried about him because I haven't seen him on here in a long time. Hope he's doing ok.

Anyway, Walt, have a good one. Hope you're still doing well. Great to talk to you.

Edited by user Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:27:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LAZMANNICK  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:55:52 PM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Ed I'm at wlazary@hotmail.com. I haven't heard form CFC in quite a while. Hope all is well with him and you and your family.
cocoa2  
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 11:15:14 PM(UTC)
cocoa2

Man

Laz, 90-1 for good reason I suppose. Didn't realize how small he was. $6 loss did not match the emotional disappointment of seeing 3yos run 1 1/16 in 9f racehorse time
pimlico.ed  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 11:45:06 PM(UTC)
pimlico.ed

Man

Hey Laz, I'll send you a message - probably tomorrow.

Have a good one my man.
LAZMANNICK  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:29:23 AM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

Cocoa he ran well for 6F.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think the time in the Risen Star was all that bad considering the track record is only 1:42.02 and the three year best time for three year olds is 1:42.60. What I noticed was that the first half mile was much faster than the second half mile, 47.08 to 50.28, a 3.20 differential. They were walking home and that won’t bode well for when they stretch out to 9 and 10 furlongs.

Then again, maybe you meant the FOY was run in 9F time. The fourth quarter in that race was really slow, 27.33 after a third quarter in 23.78, a 3.45 differential. And the final 16th was an even slower 7.30.
cocoa2  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:17:07 AM(UTC)
cocoa2

Man

FOY
jenna.heusi  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:39:13 PM(UTC)
jenna.heusi

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Let's leave the HRN drama at HRN eh? This is why this new site was created right? And it's not nice to talk about someone "behind their back" (on the internet). You never know what is going on in someone's life. Life can throw a lot of shit your way, ya never know who is struggling. Some people may talk trash about how emotional I seem but that's because they don't know my dad is battling terminal cancer (and not doing so well) and this was the last Christmas I probably had with him. So you never know.
thanks 3 users thanked jenna.heusi for this useful post.
LAZMANNICK on 2/22/2015(UTC), SSilence86 on 2/22/2015(UTC), Buckpasser on 2/23/2015(UTC)
LAZMANNICK  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 12:04:56 AM(UTC)
LAZMANNICK

I'm feeling for you and your dad and the rest of your family Jenna. Life really can be a bitch at times and so many times we are so helpless when dealing with it.
thanks 1 user thanked LAZMANNICK for this useful post.
jenna.heusi on 2/23/2015(UTC)
SSilence86  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 12:04:58 AM(UTC)
SSilence86

Groups: Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Hugs and thoughts for you and your family Jenna.

A very good friend of mine just lost her husband this last Wednesday in a devastating way.

Like you said, you just never know.
thanks 1 user thanked SSilence86 for this useful post.
Buckpasser  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 12:27:44 AM(UTC)
Buckpasser

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Very sorry about your father Jenna. My niece and a sister in law are in the same position.
thanks 1 user thanked Buckpasser for this useful post.