logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UnionRagsRules  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 2:14:15 PM(UTC)
UnionRagsRules

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 99 post(s)
I don't mean to bore you guys, but there are two very special girls running at The American on March 1. One, who won the Semi-Finals round, is a tiny 9 year old girl. Her legs barely go past the saddle pad and she can't weigh more than 70 pounds. But man, that little girl can ride! She cashed in 40k for her Semi-Finals win. (Top 10 from Semis advance to The American.) The second, a college rodeo athelete, was put through via exemption (fan choice to be in The American without having to run in the Semi Finals) due to her truly inspiring story. While still in high school, Amberly Snyder did something that she regrets so much, there was a time when she told her mom to sell all the horses. She didn't put her seat belt on, and got in an accident, paralyzing her from the waist down. She though she would never ride again, but they came up with a strap for her saddle to help hold her legs down and she was back in the saddle. She got picked up by a large college in Utah (can't remember which) and started winning. A lot. Now she will compete for a chance at 1.1 million dollars; and history. As will the teeny tiny jockey.

Pretty cool stories!

(The American is a 2$ million rodeo. The top ten in the world from 2014 will compete against those who made it through the Semi Finals and the exemptions. Only those who made it through the Semi-Finals or were an exemption are eligible for the bonus 1$ million. For winning an event, 100k will be awarded, and 25k to second. This will be the 2nd annual running, and it is quickly becoming the biggest and richest rodeo you can attend. My friend ran in the Semi-Finals slack but her horse didn't fire and she was about 1 tenth of a second away from making it.)
"'What if I fall?' 'Oh, my darling, but what if you fly?'"
thanks 3 users thanked UnionRagsRules for this useful post.
Buckpasser on 2/23/2015(UTC), Lisa111 on 2/23/2015(UTC), Swale84 on 2/23/2015(UTC)
Buckpasser  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 5:08:23 PM(UTC)
Buckpasser

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 254 post(s)
I know nothing about rodeo, but I enjoy your posts that help me understand and enjoy this sport.
thanks 1 user thanked Buckpasser for this useful post.
UnionRagsRules on 2/23/2015(UTC)
UnionRagsRules  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 5:27:53 PM(UTC)
UnionRagsRules

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Buckpasser Go to Quoted Post
I know nothing about rodeo, but I enjoy your posts that help me understand and enjoy this sport.

I love rodeo. I can teach you a lot about barrel racing, but I don't know a lot about the other events, just some basic stuff.

BTW, here is a link to the 9 year old talking after her Semi-Finals win. What a classy little girl.

http://m.espn.go.com/gen...esktop&ex_cid=espnFB
"'What if I fall?' 'Oh, my darling, but what if you fly?'"
thanks 1 user thanked UnionRagsRules for this useful post.
Buckpasser on 2/23/2015(UTC)
Buckpasser  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 6:19:21 PM(UTC)
Buckpasser

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Thank you for the link
thanks 1 user thanked Buckpasser for this useful post.
UnionRagsRules on 2/24/2015(UTC)